Must-Know Content Marketing Stats 2019 [Updated]
As harbingers of content marketing, we’ve brought to light the ever-increasing demand for it in our blog, ‘The Demand For Content Marketing in India‘. In this blog, we take the final journey to prove the same with some hard, meaningful, and unforgettable facts.
Stats to Show Content Marketing Rules the Roost
- 78% of consumers prefer to know about a brand through blogs and articles than ads.
- 70% of consumers are interested in building a relationship with brands that own custom content.
- Online users spend 20% of their time consuming content.68% of online users spend time reading up on brands they adore or find interesting.
- Here’s another! 57% of online users read content marketing pieces at least once a month.
- 80% of business-people are convinced that email marketing increases customer retention.
- Facebook users leave an imprint of 5 billion comments on Facebook each month.
- Facebook Live is a rapidly progressing tool, with 50% increased broadcasts compared to last year.
- 85% of consumers consider online reviews on par with personal recommendations.
- Positive reviews influence 73% of the consumers positively.
- Reviews are the second most powerful ranking parameter for Google.
- Jumping from a 3-star to a 5-star rating delivers businesses 25% more clicks.
- Blogging helps generate 13x more positive ROI.
- 50% of potential business is lost when consumers can’t find the information they are searching for.
- Although content marketing costs 62% lesser than conventional marketing approaches, it accounts for three times more leads.
- More than 81% of marketers discovered increased traffic by investing 6 hours per week in their social media content marketing.
- A recent study shows that for medium and large-sized businesses, content marketing costs 41% lesser per lead than paid advertising.
These facts not only suggest consumers love content, but they also prove how brands are sitting on goldmines when it comes to content marketing.
Here are some thought-provoking content marketing stats for 2019 that will forever change the way you look at content and its marketing implications:
Social Media Content User Stats
- The global digital population is 4 billion, of which 3.7 billion are active mobile internet users and 3 billion, social media users.
- The latest research suggests that 91% of B2B businesses leverage content marketing to reach their customers.
- Added to this, 86% of marketers consider content marketing their core strategy.
Content ROI Stats
- 72% of marketers think content marketing not only increases the engagement number, but it also generates more leads!
- Latest Twitter reports are a testament to the efficacy of content marketing on social media platforms.
- According to Twitter, 66% of businesses have found new leads.
- 69% of consumers have made actual purchases because of a tweet.
- 94% of consumers plan to make future purchases.
Email Marketing Stats
- There exist 8 billion email accounts in the world.
- Research suggests email marketing has the best ROI compared to all other forms of communication.
- 74 trillion emails are sent every year in the world.
- While social media accounts for a 1.9% conversion rate, email marketing brags a whopping 6.05%.
- While 3.8 billion people use email, only 3.4 billion use social media.
- Email campaigns result in an ROI of 4400%.
- 60% of consumers subscribe to a brand’s email list for promotional messages compared to 20% of consumers who follow a brand on social media for the same reason.
- 44% of consumers depend on their email for a deal from a brand they know, whereas only 4% go to Facebook.
- 60% of consumers confirm that they have made a purchase as the result of emails against12.5% on social media.
Those who think email marketing is dead – well, think again!
Video Marketing Stats
- 48% of marketers are prioritising YouTube video marketing.
- 46% are considering Facebook videos.
- 40% of active internet users trust videos more than other content types.
- CMI’s content marketing statistics reveal 72% of B2B businesses and 76% of B2C businesses prefer videos for their marketing pursuits.
- Another research suggests video marketing fetches 66% more leads per year.
- Cisco predicts that by 2021 videos will account for 82% of the entire internet traffic
Mobile Content Marketing Stats
- By the end of 2018, 52.2% of internet searches were forecasted to be via mobile.
- Mobile email open rates have increased by 30% compared to last year. And the number is growing!
- 79% of social media engagement happens on mobile.
- Mobile email open rates have grown 30% from last year.
- Mobile devices are used for nearly 40% of online transactions.
- 91% of users claim mobile content is very important to them.
- 39% of companies create a mobile responsive email version.
- 57% of users confess they won’t recommend a business with a poor mobile site.
- 48% of buyers say that they start product search from their phones.
- Digital marketing software industry touched more than $32B in 2018.
- Marketers invest 51% of their budget into mobile content ads.
Content Marketing Stats in India
- Social media has dipped a good 30% compared to the previous years, thereby foraying a new generation of marketing that will heavily rely on content.
- Over 30% of 150 brand marketers hailing from myriad sectors such as FMCG, real estate, pharmaceuticals, retail, and automobile have confirmed content marketing to be their key strategy in days ahead.
- According to experts, 65% of marketers find it a challenge to produce quality content. This has translated into an uncountable number of content marketing companies in India mushroom.
- India is the second-largest online market, with 462 million users.
- By 2020, digital media spends will be 24% of the total industry ad spends.
- Indian marketers are contemplating a 97% team expansion.
- Indian marketers are making for a 74% budget increase.
Social Media Platforms and What Their Numbers Say
If you’re still wondering which social media platform to use to drive your marketing campaigns, take a look at platform-wise stats and what they say about each platform to make better business decisions.
Facebook 2019 Report
- Millennials and GenX users are most likely to share content on Facebook.
- 75% of Facebook users spend more than 20 minutes a day on Facebook.
- Desktop Facebook users spend an average of 2.5 seconds on each content piece.
- Facebook generates 8 billion daily video content views.
- 91.3% of users follow their favourite brands on Facebook.
- 48% of B2B customers make purchase decisions based on Facebook.
- Desktop Facebook users spend on an average of 2.5 seconds on each content piece.
- 43% of B2B businesses have found an actual client through Facebook.
- 100 million video hours are consumed per day on Facebook.
- Facebook videos have over ten times more reach than YouTube videos.
Instagram 2019 Report
- Instagram boasts 500 million daily active users.
- 68% of Instagram users engage with their favourite brands on a regularly.
- 75% of Instagram users take actions based on Instagram posts.
- Brand engagement on Instagram is ten times higher than on Facebook and 84 times higher than Twitter.
- Instagram users upload 95 million photos every day.
- On average, every Instagram post gets 1261 likes.
- Video posts have the biggest overall engagement rate (38% higher than image posts).
- 90% of the top 100 brands in the world have an Instagram account.
- 58% of brands have created an Instagram story.
Twitter 2019 Report
- 53% of users report purchases of products they discovered on Twitter.
- 81% of consumers confess that Twitter impacts their purchase decisions more than TV.
- 34% of marketers generate successful business leads because of Twitter.
- 92% of businesses tweet more than once a day.
- Tweets with videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with only photos.
- Companies using Twitter witness a 19% lift in customer satisfaction.
- Advertising cost-per-engagement per year for Twitter has decreased by 14%.
- Promoted tweets can spike offline sales by up to 29%.
- 41% of Twitter users made purchases after being exposed to an ad in the last 30 days.
LinkedIn 2019 Report
- LinkedIn boasts 106 million active users every month.
- Users choose to spend 17 minutes every day.
- Posts on LinkedIn that include a link garner 200% increase in engagement.
- LinkedIn feed content receives about 9 billion impressions per week.
- LinkedIn drives more than 50% of social traffic to B2B business sites and is thought to be the most credible content source.
- LinkedIn posts with photos increase the comment rate by 98%.
B2B Content Marketing Statistics for 2019
- 89% of B2B businesses employ content marketing.
- Content marketing helps generate three times more leads than paid search.
- 92% of marketers consider content as a business asset.
- Only 37% of marketers have an actual content marketing strategy.
Last but Not the Least
After years of experimenting with every known marketing tool, the buck has stopped with content marketing. So much so, content marketing is proving to be the last resort for brands that want to be heard. Today, brands can’t move a step without employing content marketing in their run of the mill.
When GE, the world’s alleged superpower of every imaginable electronics, noticed a drop in their locomotive businesses, they didn’t turn to management gurus or market experts. Surprisingly, they looked to content marketing to breathe life back into their businesses.
This bravado led to a delightful Instagram campaign that offered Instagram influencers the chance to tour GE’s manufacturing facilities and take pictures. The campaign brought the brand 8 million views, 3 million reach, and 3000 new followers.