9 SEO Case Studies That Worked Wonders
What is content marketing without SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is a term we hear every day. Yet, because of its ever-changing nature, most of us still struggle with getting it right. Some companies did manage to get it right, though, and are now soaring high in the SERPs.
We have found 9 companies that showcased brilliant results after working on their SEO with foolproof strategies. Find ahead in the blog what these companies did to scale their growth through SEO, and get inspired by their great tactics.
9 SEO Case Studies With Mind-Blowing Results
Read along to find how 9 companies boosted their SEO results and gained commendable results with consistent efforts and great planning.
1. Windows Report
Windows Report is an independent online publication. It is based in the UK and was founded in 2012 by Radu Tyrsina. The website posts content on everything related to Microsoft Windows, including Microsoft guides, software, hardware, and gaming.
Their SEO strategy:
Windows Report implemented the following changes when its growth went stagnant:
- On data.windowsreport.com, the company built a linked graph for the magazine.
- By using the ‘entity-based content model’, the company redesigned the organization of its content.
Windows Report saw 61% organic growth in 8 months, making their monthly organic traffic more than a million.
2. AI Content SEO Case Study
Rahul Bhatia performed a case study on AI written content to understand how well it ranks. For the test, his entire working process remained the same, except “The only thing different this time was all the content pushed on this website was AI content using multiple tools.”
- Publishing 400+ AI-written articles from December 2021 to March 2022
- Creating listicles on generic topics with low-competition keywords
- Waiting 6 months to see SEO growth
The website saw 129% growth in April-May 2022 with 2.1k organic visitors. However, Google updated its algorithm with a “broad core update” in May 2022 which started devaluing AI content. The organic traffic decreased by 23% after the update and dropped 44.2% by June 2022.
The good news? Human-written content will never go out of style.
3. SMA Marketing For A Client’s Website
SMA Marketing is an agency that provides personalized inbound marketing and SEO services to companies. For one of their clients who wanted to rank higher in a competitive SERP, SMA marketing implemented the following strategy that resulted in wondrous results.
Their SEO strategy:
For their client, SMA marketing implemented Semantic SEO and structured data on to their website. Here’s how they did it:
- They implemented a pillar-cluster model. Introduced by HubSpot, the pillar-cluster model includes a pillar page on a core topic, that is interlinked with topic clusters made of long-tail keywords around the pillar page’s main keyword.
- Building a knowledge base in connection with the linked open web.
- Optimizing for rich feature snippets with schema markup.
- Focusing on product reviews, FAQs, and video creation.
SMA Marketing’s client noticed a 289.65% rise in website clicks, a 256.76% rise in impressions, and a 211.17% rise in ranking keywords on the website.
4. DiggityMarketing For A Client’s Website
DiggityMarketing provides test-based SEO solutions for companies and is founded by Matt Diggity. His team at The Search Initiative implemented SEO strategies for a client that needed more organic traffic toward their core landing pages.
Their SEO Strategy:
- Focus on creating new content landing pages via Power Hubs, which is simply the pillar-cluster model.
- Using informational keywords (keywords in phrases, like questions) to improve the website’s keyword visibility.
- Optimizing the website’s main menu for easy crawling by Google bot and a seamless user experience for the audiences.
- Reducing the number of orphan pages on the website (pages with no internal linking).
- Practicing link building
DiggityMarketing’s client’s website’s organic traffic increased by 114.25%. Also, the number of top 100 ranking keywords increased from 2707 to 5013, or by 85.19%.
Rtings.com is a website that contains in-depth product reviews to help users find the best product for their needs.
Their SEO Strategy:
Rtings.com’s SEO strategy includes the following key points.
- Optimizing the website structure for easy crawling and better UX
- Creating multiple brand category pages to drive traffic
- Dividing the category pages into subcategories and product pages
- Practicing internal linking and adding a ‘recommended articles’ section
- Paying attention to their YouTube channel
Rtings.com currently has a 4.1M organic traffic rate on the website along with 608k backlinks and 2M ranking organic keywords.
Get your brand to the top of search rankings with our expert SEO content writing services!
6. Lovish Madaan’s Client
Lovish Madaan’s client’s website was making $0 and costing more than $5k a month. For this lifestyle niche website, he implemented SEO strategies to make the site grow.
The SEO Strategy:
- Performing keyword research and fixing old content pieces
- Incorporated schema markup
- Performing internal linking and forming content clusters
- Improved website load speed
- Paid attention to Google’s core web vitals
- Added the latest FAQs regarding the keyword
In three weeks, the website impressions rose from 421k to 839k, and the clicks increased from 6.12k to 11.4k. The website outranked top performing in the industry with 0 DR.
7. Alpino Health Foods
Alpino Health Foods is a peanut powerhouse company in India that was founded in 2016 and aims to ‘make India a protein-rich nation’. The company was facing a low conversion rate as they had never focused on SEO, and wanted to increase their organic traffic.
Their SEO Strategy:
- Conduction a conversion audit (CRO audit) on their to analyze the customer journey on their website
- Identifying and rectifying design issues and technical issues to improve UX and SEO mistakes
- Performing deep data research to make informed decisions by understanding critical pain points
- Keeping a check on website performance and performing A/B tests on the eCommerce website
- Creating a content SEO plan
Alpino Health Foods saw an 81.79% increase in its website conversion rate. The organic transactions rose by 361.84% and the organic revenue rose by 515.76%. The organic traffic increased by 133.86% and the bounce rate decreased by 53.70%.
8. Serious Eats
Serious Eats is a culinary website for fresh recipes and cooking tips, among various other great content. For their growth, they paid critical attention to Google’s E-E-A-T guidelines. E-E-A-T in Google stands for Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.
Their SEO Strategy:
Here’s how Serious Eats improved its website rankings:
- By designing their home page in a way that showcased their years of operation, monthly readers, and the minds behind the brand at the top of the page to build trust with readers.
- Crafting an informed and in-depth informed ‘About Us’ page
- Adding a personalized touch by including Editor’s Notes and giving clear recommendations to highlight the experience
- Getting experienced writers from the industry to showcase expertise on the topic
- Using self-clicked images instead of stock photos to show authenticity
Serious Eats is now a huge website with authority in the domain with 6.5M monthly organic traffic, 3M organic ranking keywords, and over 7M backlinks in its hand.
9. Wastecycle (Now part of Enva)
Wastecycle (now part of Enva) provides recycling and waste management products and services. For their new online skip ordering service, they required digital marketing services to increase their sales and optimize their website SEO.
Their SEO Strategy:
- Optimizing the website for Local SEO
- Improving visibility in Google My Business
- Improving website SEO with on-page techniques
- Building high-quality backlinks
Wastecycle (now part of Enva) visibility in the SERPs was boosted for 3 target cities. The website saw an 87% increase in local traffic, a 150% increase in clicks for the keyword ‘skip hire’, and 297 different keywords ranking on the first SERP.
Implementing some of the strategies that these companies used for their growth is a smart way to scale yours. What works for most people might not always work for you, but in the world of marketing, there’s never harm in experimentation.
If you’re struggling to create great quality content with SEO to scale your brand, outsource your content needs to Wittypen. We’re a company with a vetted pool of talented content writers who have vast SEO knowledge to help you grow your brand to greater heights. Don’t worry about the added cost of maintaining a content team – we have got you covered.
Elevate your brand’s voice
with Wittypen’s expert Content Writing Services!
1. What are some successful SEO case studies?
Some successful SEO case studies of companies that have grown their business with the help of Search Engine Optimization include the analysis of Windows Report, Kalicube Digital Agency, Rtings.com, Alpino Health Foods, and Serious Eats.
2. How do SEO case studies help in improving search rankings?
SEO case studies help you understand how companies with similar pain points as yours fixed their SEO strategies to scale their growth. Reading and analyzing SEO case studies is a great way to find new SEO strategies to act upon to help scale your own business.
3. How can I use SEO case studies to improve my website’s traffic?
You can use SEO case studies to improve your website’s traffic by relating other companies’ problems with your own and implementing the solutions they used to grow their website into your own. SEO case studies help you relate your pain points to others and rectify the wrongs in your strategy.
4. What are some common SEO tactics used in SEO case studies?
Some common SEO tactics used in SEO case studies are:
- Link building
- Improving on-page and technical SEO
- Performing in-depth keyword research
- Incorporate FAQ schema markup on webpages
- 15 Best Content Writing Services For High-Quality Content - May 4, 2023
- 9 SEO Case Studies That Worked Wonders - April 28, 2023
- The Top 20 Content Marketing Experts To Follow In 2023 - April 20, 2023