4 Effective Tips For Choosing the Right Blog Topic
Blogging is not a new concept. There have been numerous bloggers who have created a niche for themselves using this medium. While blogging as a form of expression was largely explored by individuals, enterprises and businesses are recently beginning to realise its benefits.
Blog writing is a great way to engage with your audience and showcase your business’ value. Companies that blog enjoy 97% more inbound audience than the blog-less competitors. Not just that, websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages , and B2B blogs get 67% more leads for the company than those who do not. Be it a B2C or a B2B market, enterprises can use blogs to create thought leadership, create a strong connect with their key audience, and this can impact the brand image and drive higher revenues for the company.
If you are thinking of starting a blog for your business, here are 4 key tips for choosing the right blog topics that resonate with your intended audience:
Choosing the Right Blog Topics for Your Website
1. Know Your Audience
Be it blog content writing, video creation or social media promotion; great content will always garner an audience. However, if your content is not relevant to the audience you’re targeting, it will not have the impact you’re trying to achieve. Before you start creating and publishing content on your blog, make sure to clearly define your target audience.
To create a focus group, brainstorm on the kind of audience that is more likely to be your brand’s customer. What demography are they from? Do they belong to a particular age group or geographic location? What are their interests, their key challenges, and why they would be attracted to your brand or products?
Defining your target market will help you create great content that your audience can connect to, which will help you generate the right impact and elicit the response you are looking for.
2. Define The Purpose Of Your Blog
Once you have defined your target audience, the second step is to focus on making your content a relevant as possible. It involves understanding the needs of your target audience and creating content that resonates with them.
The key to making your blog writing stand out and make the right impact is to share relevant content promptly, that is, to share it when and where the audience wants to see it. For this, content creators should define the purpose of the blog. Make sure to explain:
- Why you’re creating the blog.
- Who should be reading the blog
- When this blog should be shared to its intended audience.
- What impact the blog should have.
The best blogs are those that evoke the reaction from your audience in precisely the way that you expect.
3. Avoid Plagiarism and Rely on Credible Sources
No content writing services can do justice to your blog if you don’t account for how your competitors or other sources are targeting their audiences. Before you create a blog writing plan, make sure to check out what your competition is doing and which keywords they are targeting. This will help you in choosing the right blog topic, creating content that stands out, and developing a strategy that is in line with the market while making sure your blogs are unique.
Analysing your competitors’ content will also help you identify areas that lack information so that you can aim to fill in the content gap.
Researching the market and the competition is also essential as your blogs should incorporate credible sources that support your statements. Make sure to include research and facts that support your blogs, but make sure you do not blatantly copy. Attribute and avoid plagiarism, by leveraging content that advocates your statement without any copying.
4. Use The Right Tools To Identify Popular Topics In Your Industry
Research may be daunting if you are not aware of the right publications or keywords that are defining your market. To help you with that, there are blog writing services and tools that will help you reach your content goals.
1. Explore social media for research: While publications are one source, understanding the pulse of your audience will be easy if you can identify what they are sharing on social media platforms. Depending on your niche, platforms like Facebook Groups, Quora, Twitter and Pinterest are fantastic sources of information.
2. To know what’s trending: While Google is an excellent source of information to start with, you should use tools like Ubersuggest or Ahrefs to identify keywords in your niche that you can use to enhance your blog’s reach. Another great place to understand what’s buzzing in your target group is Buzzsumo. The platform helps you find popular topics and articles in your niche and will help you create content that is unique and strikes the right chord with your audiences!
And there you have it. Blog writing is easy and can get you amazing results if you make sure you follow these simple steps. Before you start writing, choose a topic of your expertise and make sure you present a unique perspective on it.
Great topics may require you to do a lot of research and keep rethinking its relevance to your audience, but once you get it into your system, the output will be much better than you’d ever expect. So take a shot, and use blog writing in your content marketing strategy to achieve the results you’re targeting.