Content Marketing For your Startup
Content Marketing Strategies for your Startup “Content Marketing for Startups – “WittyPen” from Anshul Motwani
“Around here, however, we don’t look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious…and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
With 10 countries, 40 cities, and 4200 people participating, The August Fest 2016 was Asia’s largest Startup Conference, and the founder of WittyPen, Anshul Motwani, was fortunate enough to get to speak at the event. His presentation was centered around the topic “Content Marketing for your Startup.” Content is essential if you wish to communicate your business mission with your users. The more your clients read, the more they will trust your brand. Good content tells them exactly what you do and eases their apprehension.
Content is all about creating, publishing, and distributing useful information.
Following are some of the tips about content creation that will help you get started:
- Content created can work for both B2B as well as B2C. An example of how great content has helped in B2B is adpushup and an example for B2C is NYKAA.
- You content should have an impact on the audience. For this, you must find out what is the problem your users face and then deliver content that solves the problem. The aim of creating content should be creating familiarity, likeability, and trust of the user in your brand.
Content Marketing for your startup – Below is a checklist of the content creation strategy:
- Define your marketing goals. Do you need to create awareness, retain customers, generate more traffic to your website, or increase your sales?
- Who are you targeting? What age group does your audience belong to, what are their likes and dislikes, etc. Know your customers.
- Where does this audience spend its time online – on social media platforms, on checking emails, or somewhere else? Find out which content channel you need to use to reach them.
- What influences or moves these people to take action?
- What kind of an experience do you want to give them?
- Are you getting a good Return on Investment? Invest in the right places, like SEO and traffic analysis.
Next, comes the Content Execution Strategy. The checklist for a content execution strategy is as follows:
- You need a brand statement, depending on your mission.
- What type of content do you want to publish – blog posts, white papers, infographics, videos, news articles?
- Identify the different topics related to your story on which you would like to publish content.
- After you have decided the content you want to publish, you need an editorial calendar, which will include details about the topic, the author, the due date, the keywords to be included, etc.
- Form a team structure, to know how the hierarchy of delivering content will work. Alternatively, you can hire freelancers to for writing the content and designing, and your team can focus on the strategy and converting/closing.
- Some tools to aid you in creating great content – Canva, WordPress, Google Analytics, Asana, Trello.
WittyPen is a content creation platform that can help you get the right content for your business, as well as help you get started with content writing. If you wish to know more about content creation, write to us at email@example.com.
- Customer Targeting Tips: How Clever Content Is the Key - August 23, 2019
- Must-Know Content Marketing Stats 2019 [Updated] - July 20, 2019
- What Does the Future of Content Marketing Look Like in the Indian Digital Market - July 4, 2019